Wednesday 27 February 2013

Now is the winter of our discontent...

...made glorious by the completion of the final baby quilt. Hurrah! This one went really fast as I chose a super easy pattern. The Japanese fabric charms are so busy that a more complicated pattern wouldn't do them any favours. Ditto complicated quilting. (Not that I know how anyway). That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I think this quilt is also quite a bit smaller than the others as my fabric stash and patience was dwindling!


If you look closely, you'll see that the bottom left square has come away from the binding after a turn in the washing machine. I nearly threw it off the balcony at that point but forced myself to rescue it with some (quite dodgy) hand sewing.
 Otherwise there has not been too much going on. I think pretty much everyone here (aside from the ski lift companies)  is now sick of the snow now and desperate to see some signs of  spring. I'm certainly looking forward to the days when forcing a toddler into snow boots and suits is no longer necessary for even the shortest of forays outdoors.




Sometimes it's good to have a little rant on paper about inconsequential things.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous baby quilt, what a shame about the seam tho. I'm sure you've fixed it fine. Love your rant ;-) Cant wait for the day that I'm ready to watch Lost again start to finish, best tv show ever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, sorry I'm replying so late! Christoph has now watched all series of Lost. I stopped for a break after season 4. Got to spend a little time in reality! The recipients of the quilts seemed pleased so I'm happy.

      Delete